Sunday, February 14, 2010

2010 TxOLAN Alpaca Spectacular a success!

The annual TxOLAN Alpaca Spectacular held out at the Will Rogers Colliseum in Ft. Worth was a success! Even with all of the snow, there were still approximately 500 alpacas in attendance! Whoo hoo! The Spin-off competition that I coordinated went well also, with 100 entries. Everyone seemed very pleased with the results and have promised to send samples in again next year.



I am not going to coordinate this event for TxOLAN next year, though. I was asked to run for the board of directors for the State of Texas Alpaca Ranchers. I’m not sure whether I will be elected or not, but I plan on coordinating a fleece event for this organization. It’s a ton of work, but oh so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, I can't believe I missed this years event. You need to call next time so I know when your coming to Fort Worth!!! Miss ya!!! :)

    ReplyDelete