Friday, July 10, 2009

Chicken Coop is CLEAN again




This is one of those events around the farm that I always look forward to...NOT! We were very blessed this year to have one of Hailey's friends, Bonnie, over to spend the fourth of July with us. We spent the evening over at my sister-in-law's house shooting off fireworks and enjoying a good meal together. Bonnie had never shot fireworks off before (I didn't think that was possible!), so it was a special treat for her! We got home around 12:30 AM on Sunday. Sunday was unusually cool (down in the high 80's) for this time of year, so I decided this was the time to clean out the chicken coop. Mind you, the chicken coop is two horse stalls, approximately 12' x 12', with approximately six inches of "flooring". What a work out! Anyway, Bonnie wasn't too keen on the idea at first. Up until this time, she felt that Hailey was living the coolest life ever on an alpaca ranch. I figured this would open her eyes to the lifestyle of WORK! :o) Well, both of the girls were wonderful helpers. We got everything removed, scrubbed down, hosed off, and setup again. Upon completion, I asked Bonnie, "Well, what do you think? Do you still think Hailey has it made living out here?". Bonnie answered with an emphatic, "YES!". Wow, who would have thought? I'm thinking, next time, I'm inviting more of Hailey's friends over! Grin...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, must take advantage of those cool days to do these icky jobs. Good work getting the kids to help. Builds character, and spares Mom a lot of sore muscles!

    ReplyDelete