Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Chickens and MORE!

You know, you can just never have too many chickens!  LOL!  I love chickens.  I love the way they look, how they behave, and how they sound.  There is something therapeutic about chickens.  On nice days, I love to sit out under a large oak tree in my backyard and watch the chickens while I work. 

A recent purchase I made was for a new chicken waterer.  I love it!  Gone are the large tanks that need to be filled and cleaned all of the time! 

 The new waterer consists of a pvc pipe with small, metal nipples inserted on the bottom.  A float valve automatically fills the pvc pipe with water.  The chickens and ducks simply walk up to the waterer and hit it with their beaks, dispensing droplets of water into their mouths.  They really seem to like it!

The chickens and ducks took quickly to the new setup.  I love that the water is always clean and available.  


 Here is a little video showing our ducks in action with the new watering system.  Again, I can't speak highly enough of this new system.  It's the little things in life that make me happy!  Ha ha!  I get so excited when I find a new toy for the barn.  Hey, this toy makes my barn chores a little easier, too, and THAT makes me happy!


And as if we don't already have enough chickens, look what else arrived!  I ordered another 40.  It's an addiction!  No, really, we have so many egg customers that are interested in free range, non-GMO, non-Soy eggs, that we can't keep up with the demand.  So, we're adding to our numbers.  Aren't they cute?!? 

It's just a little bit more of my slice of heaven!  Living the life...

Hugs,
Cyndi


No comments:

Post a Comment