Thursday, July 8, 2010

Where have you been?



I can't believe I haven't posted since June 6th!!! Well, we spent a week in Colorado at Horncreek Family Camp. What a blast that was! We went river rafting, 4 wheeling, out to see the sand dunes (yes, there are sand dunes in the middle of the mountains in Colorado), went down into an old volcano, went water sliding and so much more. If you are interested in a fantastic family camp, check them out.

After we got back, we began serving all week at our church's Vacation Bible Extreme. What a blast! If you haven't checked out the VBX at Chase Oaks Church in Plano, you're missing something! I got to lead worship with my beautiful daughter and my oldest son ran the tech for the older kids. My youngest got to enjoy everything VBX has to offer. The most amazing thing happens, though. By blessing others (ie. the kids), I always find that it is I who is blessed the most. Thank you, Jesus.


We did manage to have our Thursday fiber gathering last week. What fun that was! Kazuko brought three more friends with her... Hisayo, Mihoko and Hikari. Welcome! We had a blast getting to know each of you!


My daughter worked on the knitting machine, making baby blankets for Medical City of Dallas. She was able to complete two blankets on Thursday and later completed another two! Way to go!


While Kazuko and her friends were busy spinning and plying their yarn, Donna and Iris were busy with their knitting.


This picture is what Donna is working on. She needs to use magnifying glasses to see all of the intricate work. She uses extremely small needles to work with...even smaller than toothpicks!


I sure wish you could see this better. Iris makes the most GORGEOUS scarves! This is a picture of what she is working on now. She has a wonderful knack for mixing yarns to bring out the most beautiful colors. I can't wait to see this one completed!


Poor Anna didn't get much accomplished. She spent most of the day helping others...including ME! Anna is our resident expert on crochet. I've decided I'm going to make a hobo bag, much like one my daughter purchased. I haven't crocheted in YEARS (more than you can imagine) so I needed some hand holding through this. :o)


As always, after coming back from vacations, there is lots of yard work to be done. We have spent this week trimming trees and bushes. The gardening is beginning to pay off, as well. I've already gotten quite a few tomatoes, peppers, and zucchini. No cucumbers or poblano peppers yet. But, there is always tomorrow...


PS. Here is a picture of our 2009 babies! Look how big they've gotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment