Sunday, December 12, 2010

Kid 'N Ewe and Lamas, Too!


This was my first year to attend the annual Kid 'N Ewe and Lamas, Too event in Boerne, TX. I coordinated the Spin-off Competition for the State of Texas Alpaca Ranchers. It was a huge success with 111 entries. Whoo hoo!

Joyce Jackson helped me setup my booth. We had everything from raw alpaca fiber, to scarves, shawls, teddy bears, bags, aprons, etc.

Sales were pretty good. I paid for my expenses, plus a little. I had the most wonderful time enjoying the company of old friends and meeting new friends, too! Cindy Telisak, of Jacob's Reward Farm, a good friend of mine, situated her booth next to mine. We left the partitions open between us and setup an area for spinners to drop by and spin with us. Our group of spinners became so large we had to "move them" to the center aisle.

I met a wonderful new friend, Mary Bensel, aka Grandma TuTu. Mary makes some amazing things. She has a delightful personality and was a joy to spend the weekend with!

If you get the chance, you need to make the trip down to Boerne next year in November. It's a craft person's delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment